Hola! Howdy! Hey there! This is my second year slicing through March, and I thought I’d kick-off with 30 random things because of #2 and a bonus because it’s March. Happy blogging, friends!!!
1. My name is Brittany Margarita Decker, and I think that’s the first time I’ve publicly, voluntarily shared my middle name. It means ‘daisy’ in Spanish.
3. I just turned 30 two weeks ago!
4. I’m a proud Houstonian, recently disappointed Texan.
5. Technically, I was born in Florida, but I wasn’t even one when we made it to Houston.
6. My grandparents are the foundation of my family; my mother is my hero.
7. I’m one of many, raised by a village.
8. Writing through a pandemic allowed me to discover that lions might not be my favorite animals, red might not be my favorite color, and Reese’s might not be my favorite chocolate.
9. I am a writer.
10. I met my husband 10 years ago; we’ve been married 8 years this summer.
11. Kyle and I teach at the same high school.
12. We met at a college ministry conference in San Antonio.
13. We were born in the same county!
14. I have two boys; Elías (Eli; pronounced eh-lee, not ee-lie) is 2.5 and Gabriel (Gabi) is 9 months.
15. One of the sweetest sounds lately has been my boys making each other laugh.
16. Our goal is to raise the boys speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish and English.
17. I’m self-conscious about Spanish becoming too sophisticated for me to keep it up with them; I simply am not fluent as I once was.
18. I read and write alongside brilliant 10th graders.
19. While teaching is my career, I see my role as an educator as quite the creative endeavor. I love trying new things in teaching and learning.
20. This school year is harder than the last two school years.
21. I created a list of 30 things I want to do in this thirtieth year of life – I’m still taking recommendations/suggestions though!
22. I’ve been in a reading slump, and the only thing I find engaging these days is the New York Times or picture books.
23. I have tried one million ways of keeping a planner because I think they’re so cute; the Keep app and digital calendar reminders are doing the trick. Even without fancy stickers.
24. This year I’m trying a memory planner where I compile my favorite photos of the month to print and paste alongside a blurb.
25. Scrabble has always been my jam…but I was recently introduced to Anomia. *mindblown*
26. My favorite word is smithereens.
27. I’m indecisive; for example, I have three ‘one’ words of the year..
28. I’m nervous about keeping up with a blog post every day.
29. I have filled up more notebooks in the last three years than in my whole life combined.
30. Alicia Keys, Carrie Underwood, The Oh Hellos, The Black Keys.
31. Google Pixel > iPhone.