On May 24, 2021, at 7:19 AM, we welcomed Gabriel Andrés Decker into the world via c-section.
Praying and hoping for:
- Gabriel is able to be removed from oxygen soon
- Gabriel is released from NICU
- I feel better soon from the effects of losing a lot of blood post surgery (vomiting, itchiness, insane dizziness, abdominal pain, inability to hold down food/liquid)
- The ability to do skin to skin soon
- A smooth transition back home when it’s time
- An amazing group of nurses who received approval to wheel my entire hospital bed to the NICU so I could see my baby boy
- The two visitor policy began… May 24!
- My mami is the best nurse of all time who cleans up bodily fluids without thinking twice, seeks efficiency in order to make things more comfortable, serves and loves wholeheartedly
- My sister who flew in from Hawaii to help and is spending time with Elías
- The kindness and encouragement of those who have reached out via text, email, messenger, etc
- Kyle, who has rarely left Gabriel’s side in the NICU
- The life of Gabriel ❤